Mandel Vilar Press interns gain an invaluable education from publishers with decades of experience in the industry. Through their internship experience, interns learn about all facets of the publishing industry and develop important skills.
* Perform clerical tasks such as copying, filing, processing invoices, handling mailings, and dealing with book project paperwork.
* Coordinate reviews on new book projects and revised editions.
* Correspond with authors
* Research content, editing copy, and proofreading.
* Assist editors with product planning, development, sales, and marketing.
* Prepare manuscripts for production and acting as liaison to the production team.
* Provide other administrative support as needed.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Close attention to detail.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Some Experience with new media products and social media.
* Previous studies, experience and/or internships in publishing a plus but not necessary.
* Bachelor of Arts degree- English majors strongly preferred; currently enrolled in college.
If you are interested in interning with Mandel Vilar Press, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org